Saturday, August 22, 2009

BUILDING WITH MTN.

I almost lost my teeth a few days ago.

Dont get it twisted but it was for a good reason. I was out with some of my friends from MTN on thursday and friday. I did not expect so much considering the fact that it was an outing with people i am oviously far younger than, but it was a wonderful experience in the end. The idea behind the hang out was for members of staff to relax and get to relate with eachother on a level ground. They call it team build, and it holds once every year.

Ok let me tell you how it went down...
We arrived La Campgne Tropicana, an exclusive resort which I had only heard stories about until that day. I wont be running an advert for them here but i must confess that the place is beautiful. I was totally stunded by its exquisite make up.

It was raining when we arrived so we had to run into the resort taxis from the bus we arrived in under the rain. My back pack weighed heavy but i still had to race with it.

I won't bore you with a step by step analysis of how everything went, I'll just go straight. We got in and were shown to our rooms. I had to share a room with my elder sister who is also an MTN staff. It was actually an outing for members of staff but they were allowed to invite a few family members and friends.

As soon as we settled in, we came out for breakfast. I tell you, that breakfast was just right for me. After breakfast, the GM Alhaji/Mr (i'm not sure of which) Mohamed Rufai gave an opening speech. His speech is the shortest and most straight forward I have ever heard.

We hit the main activities after that, and Lolo of wazobia fm who was the mc did a really good job. She made our stomachs burst open with her jokes, and coordinated the games as well. The games were funny because they made me feel like a child again and i felt really happy expresing myself around my new company.

We played beach football, which was where i almost lost my teeth, volleyball, we went canoeing, played snooker, table soccer, etc and drank a lot as well. It was mad fun! I made a couple of new friends too numerous to mention, who are really cool. I was overwhelmed by the beauty of the beach at night. The view was so cool i did not want to stop looking. I was really inspired.

As usual i was a star: the only female that played football, the most energetic and fit, the best dancer, and so much more. I just stole the show that day. In summary, the concept is good and the aim was achieved, but above all, i had fun.
I'll post pictures soon.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds lik 1 of doz perfect outns dat hv only encounterd in d novels i read.
    Go girl,teach d world how enjoy themselves live a life...lo luv

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I'd love to know what you think about this post. Your comments encourage me to do better.