Thursday, January 16, 2014

WHAT'S LOYALTY GOT TO DO WITH IT?


Most people would agree with me that relationship matters are more complicated in this generation than they've ever been. I recently read a story about a lady who dated her brother's best friend for a while but the relationship unfortunately ended on a sour note because he cheated. The lady however now holds a grudge against her brother for staying friends with this ex who broke her heart not withstanding the fact that they had been best friends long before the lady ever dated the guy.

The really sad part as far as I am concerned is the fact that the lady holds this grudge very strongly against her brother that she even no longer speaks to him. In my opinion I believe the lady is wrong and is taking things too far. I'm not in anyway commending her ex boyfriend's philandering ways or supporting her brother's choice to stay friends with this friend of his but I believe she ought to accord her brother his rights to choose his friends, no matter who they are. This is especially because her brother respected her choice to date the guy in their own time.

I understand the lady's pain anyway because I would honestly feel betrayed by my brother if I were in her shoes but if she has expressed her displeasure to her brother, she shouldn't force him to accept it. I'm pretty sure that many of us have a friend or friends who have cheated in their relationships at one time or another so her brother isn't exactly an alien. Like the saying goes, "blood is thicker than water" so family matters a lot and i don't believe the issue is big enough to cost her relationship with her brother. She shouldn't give this ex the pleasure of slaying her twice.


In other news, Courageous fingers is open to submissions from you my beloved readers. If there is any article, story, poem or any form of write up you'd love to share, email me at: chizitereojiaka@yahoo.com. I look forward to reading lots of emails from you. Enjoy the rest of your Thursday!!!

1 comment:

  1. nice one


    See what these two beautiful Black girls are doing on camera
    Here

    Hidden Camera Expose a Gate Man and his ‘Oga Wife’ Doing Things
    Here

    Colombian Couple Caught Doing It In A Public Pool
    Here

    Prophet Caught With a Married Woman in the act.
    Here

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. I'd love to know what you think about this post. Your comments encourage me to do better.